In United States, May is taken as National Transportation Month in which people are introduced to the glorious development journey of transportation technology and things relating to it. It is true that the citizens were, are and will be enjoying the convenience brought by the advanced tech, while at the same time some side effects come out, too, such as pollution, traffic jam, etc. among which traffic safety is a key point. As some researches show, great life loss and disability result from motor accidents. Therefore, training about traffic regulation and safety needs to be strengthened. Schools, corporations, traffic administrations, etc. must take the responsibility to make students, employees, the public clear about the relating traffic regulations and safety tips.
In recent years, transportation industry increases greatly. More and more autos crow in the street, and on the other hand traffic accident happening frequently has taken many people’s precious lives, and these tragedies still show up continuously. Let’s see some statistics from authority:
- There are more than six million car accidents each year in the United States.
- A person dies in a car accident every 12 minutes and each year car crashes kill 40,000 people.
- The leading cause of death for individuals between 2 and 34 years old is motor vehicle crashes.
- Excessive speed is the second most common cause of deadly auto accidents, which accounts for about 30% of fatal accidents.
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death for kids between 2 and 14; About 2,000 children die each year from injuries caused by car accidents.
(Source: http://www.edgarsnyder.com/ )
For teachers and parents, nothing is more important than kid’s safety and development; for traffic administration, the normality and safety of traffic is a key task. The traffic safety training will be beneficial to realization of the purposes. The importance of traffic training is obvious, but how to adopt the training effectively?
Some suggestions on traffic regulation and safety training:
1. Invite experts in this field to offer students, employees, and the citizens, etc. professional and practical knowledge and tips about traffic safety. Pay attention to choosing proper lecturers according to the features of listeners. Kids need vivid stories which are easy to understand; the mass needs common knowledge; people in transportation field needs professional explanations.
2. Provide the trainees various learning materials like videos, brochures, images, stories, etc. It is the method we often use, but several details still requires attention. Our aim is to spread the knowledge and tips, so vividness is critical. No one needs stiff and boring preaches.
3. The result of training needs to be evaluated to guarantee good effects. Motivation comes from pressure. A transportation regulation quiz or traffic safety quiz made through quiz maker will evoke students and employees to pay more attention to the training. Traffic administration can start a quiz competition to attract more people to participate in the learning.
Traffic safety training does good to people and society. In this special National Transportation Month all sides needs to emphasize the importance of traffic safety. Cherish life, enjoy happiness!